What to Expect
As daunting as recovery and sober living can seem, when you open to the doors to either our men’s home or our women’s home the first thing you’re likely to hear is laughing. One Life Recovery Society homes are lively, and we’re committed to encouraging the lighter side of life because, ultimately, engagement in life and recovery is the highest priority.
Both of our locations offer:
- One Life team members on-call 24/7
- Surveillance at all doors of the house for clients’ safety
- Weekly house meetings facilitated by a drug and alcohol counsellor
- Daily check-ins by the house managers
- Scheduled activities include yoga, guided meditations, and fitness instruction
- Coordination with local treatment centres for our clients who are attending aftercare and intensive outpatient programs
Show us that
A day in
A Day In
When you’re a guest at one of our recovery houses, you’ll be expected to follow house rules, while engaging in 12 step meetings, meditation sessions, group counselling, outpatient work, attending treatments and generally keeping busy and focused on your personal recovery goals. If you’re struggling with the basics our team is ready and willing to help you find your footing with daily stuff like budgets, grocery shopping, or other tasks that may not be familiar to you. While we have expectations for day-to-day life at our recovery homes, including house chores, there’s also plenty of downtime because when the work is done we want to enjoy the fruits of our labour!
Our ongoing relationship with you means everything to us. When you leave, it’s not goodbye, providing you remain clean and sober you are always welcome back, drop in on a counselling session, talk to us, or tell your story to the new tenants. Alumni are always encouraged to join our house events and be part of our community.